Emegration Clearance Status
I was recently issued a passport at PO Shimla. Despite my submitting the relevant documents, there is no ECNR endorsement. Should I submit my passport for correction ?
This is not a mistake. As per our new guidelines, a "Blank" page 2 on your passport is deemed to have been ECNR endorsed..If the status is "Emigration Check Required (ECR)", it will be specifically mentioned on your passport by means of an endorsement. The Ministry of External Affairs has informed the immigration authorities about this change in guideleines.
Which are the countries for which an ECNR endorsement on the passport is compulsory?
“Emigration Check Not Required” is
automatic for the following countries, irrespective of the
emigration status endorsed on your passport:
Pakistan, All countries in Europe(except Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS),
North America, Japan, New Zealand, Australia, South Korea, South Africa, & Singapore.
For the rest of the countries, if
you do not have permanent clearance on the passport (a "Blank" page 2 on your
passport is deemed to have been ECNR endorsed) you have either to get the
entire stamp deleted,
or if your are not entitled (categories listed on our website), you may get a temporary “Emigration Suspension”
before leaving India.
What are the minimum documents required for an ECNR endorsement?One of the following documents:
a) Matriculation (SSLC)/PUC-II / Degree Certificate
b) PAN Card
Annexure ‘I’ if person has
stayed abroad for more than 3 years.
Note: Persons above 50 years of age are utomatically eligible for ECNRWhich are the categories of persons entitled to get ECNR endorsements on their passports?
1. Gazetted Government servants.
2. Holders of a PAN card.
3. Salaried people may submit income-tax deduction statement in Form16 for three years from their employers, along with copy of returns filed in income tax dept.
4. Persons holding professional degrees such as - Doctors holding MBBS Degrees or Degrees in Ayurveda or Homeopathy, Accredited Journalists, Engineers, Chartered Accountants, Cost Accountants, Lecturers, Teachers, Scientists, Advocates.
5. Persons staying abroad for more than three years. An affidavit to this effect is to be submitted (as per format at Annexure ‘I’ of the instructions given along with passport application form. To download the format, please click here).
6. Spouses of the above mentioned categories (except No. 2).
7 Spouses claiming ECNR should submit a copy of their husband's passport with ECNR status and their eligibility proof under category 6.
8. Seamen who are in possession of Continuous Discharge Certificate and Sea Cadets.
Also Deck Cadets who:
(a) Have passed final examination of three year B.Sc. Nautical Sciences Courses at T.S. Chanakya, Mumbai, (or)
(b) Have undergone three months Pre-Sea training at any of the Govt. approved Training Institute, after production of Identity cards issued by the Shipping Master, Mumbai/Calcutta/Chennai.
10. Persons holding permanent Immigration Visas of any country e.g. Green Card in USA.
11. Persons holding diplomas form recognized institutions like Polytechnics or Certificates of vocational training from Government / recognized institutions.
12. Nurses possessing qualifications recognized under the Nursing Council Act, 1947.
13. All children below 18 years of age. (After the age of 18, they will be freshly evaluated for their eligibility for ECNR).
14. All persons above the age of 50 years.
15. All holders of Diplomatic / Official passports.
16. Persons holding educational qualification of Matriculation (10th class) or above.
Note: Even if you do not have ECNR status on your passport, you can visit Bangladesh, Pakistan and all countries in Europe (except the Commonwealth of Independent States), North America, Australia, Japan and New Zealand, without emigration clearance.
The Protector of Emigrants can grant emigration clearance to certain categories of skilled / semi-skilled workers for a period of six months, if an application is made through the recruiting agent and there is a valid employment visa.
In case the person concerned is leaving the country for non-employment purposes, he can obtain suspension of emigration clearance for the specified country and for the specified period from PO Shimla.
How can I get an ECR suspension?
Note: If the applicant's age is above 50 years, he/she can directly apply for ECNR. The procedure for ECR suspension is not required.
If the passport was issued at PO Shimla:
1. Apply in ECR Suspension form.
2. Applicable Fee: Rs. 300/-
3. Submit your present passport along with a copy of it
4. Attach photocopy of visa
5. Attach photocopy of your confirmed return travel tickets
6. Attach Sponsorship Declaration attested by Indian Mission / Consulate (for Middle-East Countries)
7. F T S (for other than middle-east countries)
In case of passports having been issued by other Passport Offices:
1. In addition to the requirements listed above, submit Passport Application Registration Form.
2. Submit personal particulars forms with photos and proof of stay (in duplicate).
Emigration suspension is given only for visits and not for employment. For employment purposes, you need to approach the Office of the Protector General of Emigrants (Ministry of Labour) at Chandigarh.
I am a Diploma Holder from
Punjab Board of Technical Education.
Is this sufficient to get ECNR endorsement?
|Home || Introduction || Tatkaal Scheme || Status of Application || Forms || How to apply || Affidavits || Check List || Counter Details || Contact || Where to Apply || Helpline|